The Department of Student Welfare, under the Directorate of University Extension, seeks to contribute with the Faculty by assisting the students and their nuclear families in terms of personal development, social and family difficulties, and integration to the community.
The Faculty of Exact and Natural Sciences, through its Department of Student Welfare, aids and supports students and student unions in the organization of cultural, sporting, and recreational activities
-Facilitating the exemption of fees for students of limited resources.
-Promoting and supporting all cultural and sporting activities organized by students.
-Facilitating the obtainment of scholarships for students with merits in art, sports, and other áreas.
- Proposing other measures that aid the students’ comprehensive development.
- Informing students about the institutional resources and the terms for access.
- The Department counts with professionals in Clinical Psychology, Nutrition and Nursing.
The Faculty offer scholarships for the following cases:
- Insolvency: The student must certify financial need, and show a GPA no lower than 70% or be among the top 25% of students of the former academic period.
- Participation in cultural or sporting groups: The student must be a part of a cultural or sporting group and participate in events as such.
- GPA: The student must obtain a GPA of 4 (out of 5) or more in at least five subjects of the same career in the period prior to applying for this scholarship.
- Rectorate undergraduate scholarships: The student must certify financial need, and hold a GPA no lower than 70% or be among the top 25% of students of the former academic period.
- Rectorate Graduate Scholarships: The student must certify financial need, and hold a GPA no lower than 70% or graduate among the top 25% of their class.