Degree Qualifications Profile
The graduates from this program are professionals with scientific training that dedicate to teaching in the various levels of the national educational system, especially in secondary school; and to designing and executing educational and research projects in different fields of expertise. They are capable of transmitting knowledge in the different branches of pure and applied science, formulating guidelines and strategies to solving problems in different fields of the basic sciences, framed within the scope of their training, taking into account the state of the environment, conservation measures, human health, and the improvement of the use of natural resources, with the aim of improving the quality of living of all members of society, with a deep sense of ethics.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Show expertise in the application of the scientific method.
- Identify problems, assess them, and propose solutions.
- Show critical awareness of the natural and social reality; at a regional, national, and global level.
- Develop scientific research routinely and continuously, as a tool for the generation of biological knowledge.
- Design, carry out, coordinate, and participate in research projects within the scope of Basic Sciences
- Transmit their scientific knowledge and experiences about their field.
- Perform the steps of laboratory techniques with enough efficiency to apply the experimental method to research.
- Reproduce, assess, modify, and design techniques and methods with the aim of optimizing laboratory processes.
- Participate in educational tasks within their field of specialty.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams in charge of the formulation, execution, and assessment of educational programs and projects related to basic sciences and their technologies.
Info and contact
Coordinator: Prof. MSc. Cecilia Romero
Department of Distance Learning
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, frome 7:00am to 8:00 pm