This program last for four years, with a total duration of 3000 clock hours and 146 credits. Students must also complete 30 clock hours of university extension. The subjects are opened every semester, and each of them comprises 15 weeks of class per semester.
Degree Qualifications Profile
Graduates of this program are professionals who employ the available resources for the synthesis and formulation of traditional chemical substances with efficiency, within a framework of sustainable development.
They play roles in the private and public sector in the areas of research, technical assistance, quality control, management, and environmental.
They can teach in secondary and tertiary education, and participate in research teams contributing new theoretical or practical knowledge.
They can execute research projects that will facilitate decision-making for innovation, improvement, and solve problems of interdisciplinary nature.
They can develop analytical techniques and adapt them taking pure chemistry as their fundamental tool.
They can establish multidisciplinary work relationships with any field related to chemical science.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Show advanced knowledge on pure and applied chemistry, and be able to solve problems related to production and scientific research with efficiency, a sense of ethics, and respect for their social and natural environment as researchers, teachers, or expert advisors.
- Create new or adapt existing analytical methods, employing all the principles of chemistry, to be applied to the experimental field and research in order to contribute solutions and ideas at a multidisciplinary scale.
- Use knowledge about pure chemistry in order to contribute solutions to applied chemistry in health, food, environment, and industry.
- Carry out feasibility studies for the elaboration, management, or improvement of new products, to elevate the standard of living.
- Assist private and public companies in setting up laboratories for analytical control, based on current knowledge and existing regulations, as well as research and teaching laboratories.
- Use solid knowledge of pure chemistry and its laws to formulate or create chemical substances, supervise, approve, or reject their quality.
Info and Contact
Department of Chemistry
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday, from 07:00 am to 07:00 pm