The Direction of Services depends on the FACEN Dean’s Office. It brings together several laboratories of this institution, in order to provide services required by society, public and private institutions, as a result of scientific and technological knowledge.
– Transfer to society the benefits of scientific and technological knowledge through the provision of services required by the community, public and private institutions.
– Plan, organize, direct and control, according to the policies, procedures, mission, values, of the Product Certification Body and laboratories, the correct application of criteria within the organization
– Ensure compliance with the mission, vision, values and policies of the laboratories and the OCP of the FACEN
– Coordinate the academic, research and university extension activities related to the laboratories and certification body, together with the respective directions and other dependencies.
– To receive reports of services rendered by the Departments and laboratories under their charge
– Plan, organize, direct, evaluate and control the actions of service provision in conjunction with the directors / heads of the departments and laboratories under their responsibility.
– Establish a liaison and establish the mechanism of communication and coordination with the directors of Departments, laboratories, public and private organizations and other organizations linked to the economic activities of the country, for programming and organization of service rendering events.
– To investigate institutions, international organizations and other entities oriented to the study and development of services plans and programs, in order to establish a permanent communication mechanism or to conclude bilateral agreements of support and exchange.
– Water Quality Laboratory.
– Effluent Laboratory.
– Laboratory of Radiological Sciences and Imaging (LCRI).
– Research Laboratory of Atmosphere and Environmental Problems (LIAPA).
– Laboratory of Seismology.
– Center for Environmental Technological Development (CDTA).
Water Quality Laboratory
The laboratory provides physicochemical, biological, bacteriological and heavy metal tests in water and bottom sediment. In addition, it offers the sampling service at the request of the client, in order to guarantee the representativeness of the sample and the accuracy of the results.
The Laboratory performs tests and sampling of effluents; provides advice in the area of liquid effluents.
Laboratory of Radiological Sciences and Imaging (LCRI)
Ensures that the applications of ionizing radiation in medical, industrial and research facilities in the country have the necessary quality for the standards of use and with the lowest possible risk to health, through the provision of services to institutions, promotion and development of scientific and technological knowledge in the field of teaching, research and technological application, to ensure the safe use of ionizing radiation.
Research Laboratory of Atmosphere and Environmental Problems (LIAPA)
– Determination of the noise level
– Determination of the magnetic field level
– Determination of suspended particulate matter
– Determination of the level of gas concentration
Laboratory of Seismology
Monitoring of seismic activity at local and regional level.
Center for Environmental Technological Development (CDTA)
The CDTA was created to consolidate the scientific and technological bases, the generation, application and transfer of knowledge for the tests, evaluation, prevention and resolution of environmental problems, through scientific research, projects, services, extension, continuous training and innovation , to help improve our economy through productive capacity, competitiveness and access to quality markets within the framework of sustainable development.